Sales & Marketing
Please click on the job title or scroll down the webpage to browse open Sales & Marketing positions at Beckwith Electric.
Industrial Business Development Manager
The following represent brief/broad descriptions. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, to represent a comprehensive and/or exhaustive description of all duties/responsibilities and requisite skills associated with the position.
The mission of the Industrial Business Development Manager is to develop and support the heavy Industrial power electrical protection and control (P&C) market. Particular emphasis is placed on the Oil and Gas (petrochem), Pulp and Paper and On-Site Power segments. P&C applications include generator, transformer, switchgear, feeder and DER protection, motor bus transfer and large generator synchronizing, and distribution system control (load tapchanging transformer, line voltage regulator and line capacitor controls).
The Industrial Business Development Manager responsibilities include:
- Promoting, developing and preserving the image of Beckwith Electric and its operating divisions within the Industrial Power Electrical Protection and Control Marketplace.
- Work closely with Customers on Industrial Electric Power System applications of Company technology, integrated with technologies of others where necessary.
- Ensuring full sales support and Industrial Customer knowledge for all Company products and services within the Industrial Marketplace.
- Attainment of sales goals and objectives is to be obtained by working with RSMs and Agents except for authorized "House Accounts".
- Personal accountability for continued sales and service to “House Accounts” and OEMs in the Industrial Marketplace.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist Industrial Customers with Beckwith Electric Company’s products, specifications and applications through visits, demonstrations, training courses and telephone contact.
- Contributes to product specifications, application notes, other literature and testing of user software.
- Understands and utilizes appropriate electrical standards, such as IEEE, IEC, UL, CSA, NEC, NESC, ANSI, CE and DER Interconnect Guidelines as applicable.
- Overcomes technical and business objections of prospective and current Industrial Customers by:
- Providing technical solutions based on Industrial power system expertise
- Possessing application knowledge of the Company’s and competitors’ product strengths and weaknesses.
- Participate in Industry committees such as IEEE PCIC, IEEE IAS and API
- Contributes to product development ideas by understanding Industrial Customer application needs and translating those needs into new product or product enhancement, or alliance partner venture recommendations.
- Works closely with Marketing, CEO, Customer Technical Support and other Sales staff to identify new ideas for applying Company’s products.
Sales Agency Responsibilities:
- Meet or exceed established quota for bookings and/or sales for the Industrial Marketplace.
- Ensure implementation of current Company policies and procedures for agency operations; make additional policy and procedure recommendations to the Director of Sales as needed.
- Advise Regional RSMs of representative conformance with established procedures; recommend Industrial sales training programs essential for agency development.
- Provide appropriate sales training for all authorized "House Accounts" by serving as first level representative for sales.
- Accept the lead role in coordinating complex Industrial project and quotation activities between agencies (and Regions) to maximize sales opportunities including appropriate follow-up actions.
- Working with Beckwith Systems Engineering (BSE), parlay existing Industrial project business contacts to business develop into additional opportunities at the given Industrial Customer.
- Support the efforts of Agents to maintain thorough coverage for all users, consulting engineers, OEMs, distributors, or other sales channels involved in the generation, transmission, and distribution of electrical power.
- Convey market intelligence to the Director of Sales.
- In concert with RSMs, integrate Company strategies with Agents to achieve objectives, goals, and pursue tactics that target market and account penetration.
- Contribute to and maintain sales forecasts for assigned accounts, agencies, and Industrial Marketplace that provide information for use in determining sales quotas for Industrial Marketplace and Agencies
- In concert with RSMs, develop bookings and /or sales quota assignments for Agencies that concur with the Director of Sales’ objectives.
- Identify and develop Industrial Customers required to meet the Company goals and objectives for bookings and sales
- Recommend and implement specific sales programs to promote the sale of Company products and services into the Industrial market and to strengthen the Agency sales operations with Industrial Customers.
- Accept the lead role in directing or providing follow-up to sales leads generated through promotional programs, market research, or quotation activity
- Conduct product presentations and demonstration as required that promote the Company’s capabilities to gain acceptance by the Industrial Customers.
- Assist in Supervision of Agents as applicable
- Accept primary responsibility for proper flow of Industrial market intelligence with particular emphasis on trends, competitive activities, pricing, delivery, and technical differences.
- Accept responsibility to provide assistance where necessary in unusual circumstances for establishing Customer credit and collection of receivables.
- Keep catalog and Industrial Customer mailing lists current.
- Control sales expenses to meet budgets and maintain a proper ratio between selling expenses and sales
- Present and recommend a course of action to the Marketing and Sales Management regarding potential solutions for problems existing between Customer, agency, and Company policies and procedures.
- Conduct market research, Customer interviews, and other special projects as may be required for planning or necessary to achieve Company objectives and goals when requested by the CEO, President, Vice President of Customer Excellence, Director of Marketing or Director of Sales.
- Manage the Industrial Marketplace in a manner that operates within the established budget.
- Meet annual sales objectives as assigned by the Director of Sales.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee so successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers for key boarding and setting up/adjusting equipment. Additionally the employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and/or stoop when handling equipment. The employee must occasionally lift and/or transport up to and over 100 pounds of demo equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Requires indoor and outdoor work. Overtime on an as needed basis. Willingness to travel no more than 50% of normal work month, leaving time at office for follow up. Employee must not present a direct threat to the health and safety of themselves or others.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to the elements during travel. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- [A] BS/BA in Engineering, preference in Electrical Engineering with 5 years’ experience, or AAS with 10 years’ experience, and [B] 2 years’ experience or knowledge in various phases of sales forecasting, planning, promotion and training.
- Experience working with RSMs and Agents.
- Field sales or product application with successful field sales engineering experience.
- Experience in heavy Industrial electric power systems, preferable in power system protection and control (Oil and Gas Industry a plus)
- Knowledge by coursework or self-study in sales methodologies such as Miller-Heiman, SPIN and Challenger
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge of Company products and services and their applications in the industry of generation, transmission and distribution of electric power, and power quality.
- Knowledge of competitive products, services and marketing practices used in the Industrial marketplace.
- Thorough knowledge of the application of domestic and international electrical standards, such as UL, IEC, ANSI, IEEE and CE, and local laboratory certificate requirements.
- Ability to write and publish technical papers.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from Customers (at all levels), regulatory agencies, or members of the business community with tact and diplomacy. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to Customers, top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts and operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of pricing and performance, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, and other analysis.
REASONING SKILLS Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to apply principles of logical thinking and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Our Compensation Package includes a Competitive Salary, Paid Vacation and Holidays, 401(k) Plan, Health/Dental Insurance, Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance and Educational Assistance. We are a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org using reference Job# RG160006
- Mail: Human Resources Job# RG160006
Beckwith Electric, 6190 118th Avenue North, Largo, FL 33773
- Fax: (727) 545-7612, Attn: Human Resources, Re: Job# RG160006
- In Person: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
Beckwith Electric, 6190 118th Avenue North, Largo, FL 33773
The job description does not necessarily describe all duties/responsibilities and requisite skills associated with the position.