Please click on the job title or scroll down the webpage to browse open Manufacturing positions at Beckwith Electric.
The following represent brief/broad descriptions. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, to represent a comprehensive and/or exhaustive description of all duties/responsibilities and requisite skills associated with the position.
Production Planner of Electric Manufacturing PCB and Controls ensures internal and external requirements of On Time Delivery, Inventory Management, and Continuous Material Flow are met. Assist in coordinating production scheduling activities. Release work orders in proper sequence to production to meet the Master schedule. Maintain accurate dates in Dataflo system to support schedule. Maintain product lines as assigned from start to close of work orders.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Insure material requirements are met to support the Master Schedule.
- Responsible for review of forecast and release of production orders to the manufacturing floor, assign serial numbers upon release of WO when required.
- Review production shortages.
- Responsible for preparing work order packets for release to production floor in a timely manner (BOOs and Pick list as required).
- Expedite purchasing and/or manufacturing for shortages.
- Coordinate production plan with supervisors/group leaders.
- Responsible for monitoring movement of materials through the manufacturing floor.
- Responsible to monitor production issues and coordinate with the Master Scheduler for any change in the master schedule.
- Closely review all work orders for their validity and maintain completion dates. Advise Supply Chain Manager when issues arise that move dates out.
- Research unexpected part shortages and address root cause.
- Responsible for insuring scrap and rejections are acted upon in a timely manner.
- Coordinate RMA with returns and issue WO.
- Prepares and provides reports and status of materials as needed by management.
- The Production Planner may have additional assignments related to planning/scheduling, as deemed appropriate by the Master Production Scheduler and Supply Chain Manager.
- Works overtime on an as-needed basis.
Computer terminal for data entry, calculator, electronic scale, flat cart or hand truck to transport product to shelving or shipping, electronic reel counter, ladder with hand rails.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, like carrying paperwork, inputting data entry into a computer terminal; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand, walk, and sit. Walking consists of following product through the manufacturing, may be checking stock area and working 60 – 75% following up on shipments or product in manufacturing area. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Requires indoor work. Assist Shipper or Receiver/Inspector as required. Employee must not present a direct threat to the health and safety of themselves or others.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
2-3 years of product implementation experience or progressive experience on the job. Contract manufacturing experience beneficial.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
Ability to identify products and their options. Knowledge of integrated computer systems (i.e., discrete manufacturing environment) and data entry. MRP, ERP. Understanding of bill of material structure.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Our Compensation Package includes a Competitive Salary, Paid Vacation and Holidays, 401(k) Plan, Health/Dental Insurance, Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance and Educational Assistance. We are a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Email: email@example.com using reference Job# RG170010
- Mail: Human Resources Job# RG170010
Beckwith Electric, 6190 118th Avenue North, Largo, FL 33773
- Fax: (727) 545-7612, Attn: Human Resources, Re: Job# RG170010
- In Person: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
Beckwith Electric, 6190 118th Avenue North, Largo, FL 33773
The job description does not necessarily describe all duties/responsibilities and requisite skills associated with the position.