Please click on the job title or scroll down the webpage to browse open Administration positions at Beckwith Electric.
The following represent brief/broad descriptions. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, to represent a comprehensive and/or exhaustive description of all duties/responsibilities and requisite skills associated with the position.
The Executive Aide must effectively “Shadow” the Chief Executive Officer and the President (Executives), providing executive support, including strategic business development support to both Officers. The successful candidate for this position must possess outstanding written and verbal communication skills, have a thorough understanding of the Microsoft Office suite of software, and be able to safeguard confidentiality while handling highly confidential matters. The Executive Aide must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to work extra hours as necessary.
Candidates, at a minimum, must have the following:
- Previous administrative experience supporting C-level executives
- Expert skills in Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office suite, particularly Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Superior verbal communication skills; mastery of business correspondence composition and report
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, plus a high degree of sensitivity for confidentiality
- Ability to prioritize work, work independently, and represent the Executives in a professional manner
- Function as liaison between the Executives and Beckwith Electric leadership, sales personnel, customers, industry contacts, visitors, etc.
- Attend meetings with Executives and record key points and action items, as required.
- Follow up to ensure the adherence to Executives’ directives and the completion of action items.
- Maintain appointment calendars and ensure that appropriate materials are available for meetings, taking initiative to reschedule appointments as necessary.
- Schedule conference calls and meetings when needed.
- Screen telephone calls for Executive.
- Arrange reservations for domestic and international travel, hotel, and car and coordinate meeting and travel agenda of business trips for Executive.
- Incoming E-Mails: For subjects assigned to Executive Aide, process and file in appropriate folders in the Executive’s electronic filing system (access granted).
- Incoming E-Mails: For subjects reserved by Executive, process and verbally brief Executive, summarizing content of incoming information and identifying possible action to be taken.
- Compose business correspondence in assigned areas (occasionally by transcription) that requires basic knowledge of Beckwith Electric's organizational structure, products, and industry.
- Establish files and safeguard the confidentiality of those files.
- Apply judgment to achieve objectives and complete tasks without supervision.
- Facilitate teamwork, promote cooperation, and exhibit a high level of professionalism.
STRATEGIC BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT SUPPORT
The Executive Aide will “Shadow” each Executive, provide follow-up support for Executive, and under the direction of the Executive, follow up targeted opportunities (HotOps) determined by the Executive jointly with the Executive Aide, respond to customer requests, follow up on progress of HotOps and maintain a HotOps tracking system.
Pursue to completion all customer requests for action or information directed or copied to the Executive. The Executive and Executive Aide shall be copied on all subsequent major responses, although the level of follow-up will be determined by the Executive jointly with the Executive Aide, keeping sight of the HotOps. For all such requests for action or information from customers involving the Executive, the Executive Aide’s purpose is to be an integral part of the customer-facing team (Sales, Marketing, and CTS) and pursue completion by the Executive Aide’s individual effort or through other support elements at the home office.
In the pursuit of HotOps, the Executive Aide is to be involved with all things critical to the mission with the targeted customers that the Executive engages, the strategic development of the tactical actions taken with those targeted customers, and the logistical items that must be considered to fulfill the elements of the strategic plan. Again, to emphasize, the Executive Aide’s activities are; “mission critical, strategic, and logistical”. Be on the lookout for and provide to the Executive any intel on the targeted customer and HotOp that may assist moving toward the goal, including any features suggested by the customer that would make the product better. Share any market research intel discovered regarding new product features, competitive intel, and market conditions.
The Executive Aide must stay on top of every detail regarding the targeted customers that are on each Executive’s HotOp list, and with every move towards the goal, always copying the Executive. The Executives must share the detail of their calendars/schedules with the Executive Aide. This is extremely important so the Executive Aide always knows where each Executive is and what customer each is visiting in a given week. For the targeted customers, the Executive Aide must be included in every meeting, teleconference call, and be copied on any transaction between customer and the home office. It is the responsibility of the Executive Aide to be in constant contact and work closely with both Executives, briefing them of advances toward the goal or objective, and advising them of promised follow-ups. Likewise, each Executive must debrief the Executive Aide immediately after a meeting and advise status updates with each targeted customer. The Executive Aide is NOT a “gofer” or “errand boy” and is NOT to be treated as such. The Executive Aide is a critical team member from start to finish. The Executive Aide’s mind must be into the strategy of the sales process.
For each Executive’s HotOps, the Executive Aide is fully responsible to ensure that any demo and evaluation units requested by the customers and provided by CTS fulfill the intended strategy of the HotOp for the targeted customer. Inform the Executive of any problems encountered with the units. For each Executive’s HotOps, the Executive Aide pursues timely quotation completion by CTS personnel. Under the Executive’s direction, the Executive Aide pursues targeted customer’s response to those quotations.
The Executive Aide has the authority equivalent to the Executive. Under the Executive’s direction, the Executive Aide tracks and pursues the HotOps for the targeted customers for the Executive when the Executive is on the road and in front of customers. When necessary, they inform and explain to other support elements at the home office the strategy in reaching the end goal so that the other departments understand the nature and detail of the tasks being asked of them. The Executive Aide must always copy emails to Managers that are directly involved.
The Executive Aide is responsible for entering important data and details into ZOHO, the Beckwith Electric Customer Relationship Management (CRM) program. This powerful tool will also help ensure that nothing slips through the cracks. Alerts and alarms can be set into ZOHO so follow-ups and action items are not missed. A consolidated database of the HotOps and targeted customers being tracked, with all essential intelligence available in a single location, allows all involved to quickly access the targeted customer and HotOp to see where we are in the process and what is the next step to move the HotOp toward the goal.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Proactively assist in and organize follow-up of HotOps with targeted customers.
- For targeted customers identified by the Executive, communicate by phone and e-mail to qualify leads. Coordinate with Engineering, Customer Technical Support, Regional Sales Managers, and Sales Representatives to assure follow-through of “next step” requirements to move the HotOp toward the goal.
- Complete action items from customer contact reports submitted by Executive. Completion may be achieved through Executive Aide individual effort and/or by coordinating efforts of Executive or other support elements at the home office.
- Ensure demo and evaluation units get into the hands of customers requesting same in a timely manner.
- Executive Aide to keep ZOHO current for Executives’ HotOps, Executive Aide reminds Executive of action items, promises made, and pending target deadlines and important meeting dates.
- Provide status briefings to the Executives to keep them abreast of the next steps that must be accomplished to move HotOps toward the goal, per customer requirements.
- Pursue projects to ensure that efforts are progressing toward a sale.
- Remind and follow-up with Executives on their HotOps list items in a timely manner so nothing falls through the cracks or is forgotten. Under the direction of the Executive, follow-up with Reps and Customers as well to assist in advancing and/or closing a sale.
- Work to eliminate internal obstacles at the home office to keep the ball rolling.
- Work to overcome targeted customer technical and business objections.
- Learn and promote product “gold nuggets” and “hair on fire” performance characteristics.
- Build and maintain customer relationships internally as well as externally.
- Pursue CTS to investigate and resolve customer problems with deliveries.
- Work with Executives to achieve bookings and sales objectives.
- Comply with all work rules, including but not limited to, Beckwith Electric safety and attendance policies.
- Gather and submit to Marketing all contact information received from customer e-mails, calls, and trips for adding to Beckwith Electric MailList. Coordinate action items from Executives’ sales trip reports.
Smartphone, Laptop/PC computer, printer, scanner, copier.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk see and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers for key boarding and setting up/adjusting equipment. Additionally, the employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and/or stoop when handling equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distant and peripheral vision, the ability to adjust focus, and the ability to distinguish color.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Tasks typically performed indoors in an office environment. Employee must not present a direct threat to the health and safety of themselves or others. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor or Master in Business Administration. Experience or knowledge of Hi-Tech Electronics Industry. Work history includes sales management activity, assisting company executives with day to day activities.
Desirable: Experience in the Hi-Tech Electronics business as applied to the Electric Power Industry.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
Knowledge of Microsoft Office Professional; Word, Excel, Power Point, MS Project, Visio, and Outlook. Excellent telephone customer service skills and etiquette. Customer service mindset and ability to function in low supervision matrix environment.
Ability to read financial reports and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers (at all levels), regulatory agencies, or members of the business community with tact and diplomacy. Ability to effectively present information to customers, and upper management.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to apply principles of logical thinking and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Our Compensation Package includes a Competitive Salary, Paid Vacation and Holidays, 401(k) Plan, Health/Dental Insurance, Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance and Educational Assistance. We are a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org using reference Job# RG170001
- Mail: Human Resources Job# RG170001
Beckwith Electric, 6190 118th Avenue North, Largo, FL 33773
- Fax: (727) 545-7612, Attn: Human Resources, Re: Job# RG170001
- In Person: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
Beckwith Electric, 6190 118th Avenue North, Largo, FL 33773